ACNE INFO FOR PARENTS FROM PANOXYL®
If you’re a parent, it’s probably been a while since you’ve experienced a breakout. But if your teen is dealing with acne, you can most likely relate. In fact, some studies show acne may run in families. While genetics are...Read More just one piece of the puzzle, it’s important to know that about 85% of U.S. teens experience acne each year. And although they’re not alone, they may feel like they are.
BREAK THE ACNE CYCLE WITH PANOXYL®
So what’s a parent to do? The fact that you’re here means you’re already concerned and supportive. And while there’s no quick fix for breakouts, PanOxyl® acne treatments can help. Its powerful medicine is proven to work. That’s why dermatologists recommend PanOxyl® to help clear, treat and prevent new breakouts.
TACKLE ACNE WITH YOUR TEEN
Here are a few tips on how to start the conversation with your teenager about acne and how to help them through breakouts.
- LEARN ABOUT ACNEFind out how acne develops and what causes acne. The more you know, the more you can help your teen understand what’s going on.
- TALK ABOUT ACNEStart a conversation with your teen about acne and suggest he or she try an over-the-counter acne treatment. You can even direct your teen to the info on this site.
- SET EXPECTATIONSCommunicate that there’s no overnight cure for acne and that it may take time to see results with consistent treatment.
- INSTILL GOOD HABITSReinforce that a good skincare routine can help manage acne. Offer ideas on how to combine acne treatment with other daily routines, like brushing their teeth.
- MAKE AN APPOINTMENTIf over-the-counter acne treatments aren’t helping to control your teen’s acne, make an appointment with a doctor or dermatologist who can recommend the best products to manage your teen’s acne.